Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879
Results 781 to 787 of 787
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Who makes the BEST Dumble clone????

  1. #781
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2

    Re: Who makes the BEST Dumble clone????

    Timinator, has the same head for $7,000 less.


  2. #782
    Tag
    Tag is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,094

    Re: Who makes the BEST Dumble clone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Budlite View Post
    that's Funny, 10,000 bucks
    The Zingaro probably sounds better and has great customer service ta boote!

    Now Mr.Bud..... I am only speaking for myself, and my ears. I played a Zingaro, and while its a nice all around amp, the TKT is in a totally different league to ME. In any case, they sound nothing alike. I can also say that when I was in my Dumble search, if I would have had a Quinn TKT right next to the Dumble 183, and it was 10K, I would have taken the Quinn, had the exact same tone, and saved LOTS of money. The end result is what tone one is looking for, and the Quinn remains the only amp that sounds as good as the Dumbles to my ear. I still have my two Quinns, and have had ZERO interest in any other Dumble style amp with the exception of one of my old Emerald Pros, which to me, is still, with a few other older model TwoRocks, the closest thing to the real deal out there. The TwoRocks also have the advantage of some of the best cleans this side of Brunos I have ever heard. better than any Dumble I have played. (Around a dozen)
    VERY GOOD, VERY GOOD!!

  3. #783
    Tag
    Tag is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,094

    Re: Who makes the BEST Dumble clone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Timinator View Post
    I've got, I think, the second to the last TKT 183 built. It's a EL34 based amp and it's exactly like the day I got it from Shad about 2 years or so ago. For sale. $3000 plus shipping. I'm sure TAG will vouch for me, I think I still have an amp or two of his still! Send me an instant message if you're interested, I'll try and respond quickly. Tim

    A total steal for this amp. If you want Dumble without the D price tag, this is the only option to my ears.
    VERY GOOD, VERY GOOD!!

  4. #784
    Senior Member Budlite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,778

    Re: Who makes the BEST Dumble clone????

    Well, I have never played either so I really don't know what I am talking about. I guess just by surprise my ear was caught one time hearing someone demo the 100w Zingaro, may have been Nicky Monarch(sp). I noticed a certain dumble quality to the tone, chirp like. I hear it again
    in the Dave Henderson clip. It may not be the mighty Quinn, but it did sound rather good. That said I have no idea about the rest of the amp,
    clean ch. reverb, loop ect. A lot of these amps sound real close,..

    I guess I lost interest the Dumble thing a while back, I found the a Zendrive and a
    Klon can get me close to those tones. Say a Zendrive and a klon into a Bruno or something like it gets very nice tone. I remember when you were demoing the MP Blue Sky OD and switching between the Quinn and the pedal. It was very close, I mean close enough for me, the real problem is playing well at that point.
    On the other hand getting a Marshall tone out of a pedal and a clean amp is far more difficult, this is why I switched to a Marshall based amp w/
    a clean channel. Now I get a great clean, the Zendrive and Klon for OD D-tones and the Drive ch of the amp for Marshall tones.



    Quote Originally Posted by Tag View Post
    Now Mr.Bud..... I am only speaking for myself, and my ears. I played a Zingaro, and while its a nice all around amp, the TKT is in a totally different league to ME. In any case, they sound nothing alike. I can also say that when I was in my Dumble search, if I would have had a Quinn TKT right next to the Dumble 183, and it was 10K, I would have taken the Quinn, had the exact same tone, and saved LOTS of money. The end result is what tone one is looking for, and the Quinn remains the only amp that sounds as good as the Dumbles to my ear. I still have my two Quinns, and have had ZERO interest in any other Dumble style amp with the exception of one of my old Emerald Pros, which to me, is still, with a few other older model TwoRocks, the closest thing to the real deal out there. The TwoRocks also have the advantage of some of the best cleans this side of Brunos I have ever heard. better than any Dumble I have played. (Around a dozen)

  5. #785
    Senior Member Budlite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,778

    Re: Who makes the BEST Dumble clone????

    Did Tim sell the amp? Sounds like a good deal for someone.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tag View Post
    A total steal for this amp. If you want Dumble without the D price tag, this is the only option to my ears.

  6. #786
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2

    Re: Who makes the BEST Dumble clone????

    Did the amp sound this good at 1 1/2?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol_v3_A4IL0

  7. #787
    LVC
    LVC is offline
    Administrator LVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,366

    Re: Who makes the BEST Dumble clone????

    different amp -- different voicing

    Both amps sound great.

    Is the TKT worth 10K?

    Not until someone coughs up the money.

    wish the seller best of luck.



    Quote Originally Posted by finom1 View Post
    Did the amp sound this good at 1 1/2?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol_v3_A4IL0
    BOUTIQUE GEAR TALK
    Gear, God & Country
    The Soul Cruisin Band
    WaZaap.com Weird News

    "I'd rather listen to John Lee Hooker play one note rather than those tasmanian devils play a gazillion ones in the key of 'stupid'..."
    Carlos Santana

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •